Sunday, September 16, 2007

Say 'Hello' to my Little Friend!

Please forgive the Pacino reference, it came to me in the hospital and I just couldn't help myself. Anyway, here he is, at last!

Forgoing any more suspense, since I have had more than my fair share waiting for cool events such as this, allow me to introduce the newest Rut, born this past Wednesday, September 12, 2007 at 5:08 PM via C-section and weighing in at a whopping 9 pounds and 9 ounces. He was 21.5 inches and had a big ol' 14.5 inch head! We think he has my nose, 'beady' eyes, and long fingers, whereas he definitely has Daddy D's cute ears and big feet. The best part is that he is healthy and we can already not imagine life without him.
For online safety's sake, I'm not planning to disclose his full name (you can see just his first name in one of the pictures!) If you know me, you probably already know what his full name is, anyway. Otherwise, I will be referring to him as Baby Rut. He has already earned himself LOTS of nicknames, of course, including such gems as Winston Churchill and W.C. Fields (because of his jowly cheeks), Fluffer Nutter (I think that one is pretty obvious), Boo, Bo, Little Nums, etc. etc. etc. We are very much in love with this little guy and doing pretty well with getting his feed/sleep schedule established. Sweet Daddy D has been a HUGE help to Momma C, which is great because I'm still in a bit of pain from the C-section. I will do my best to document his birth story here when I get a chance-- sans too many of the yucky details, of course. In the meantime, let me close with some more pictures!

























7 comments:

JenyB said...

He sure is purty!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!

He is gorgeous. :D I hope you are recovering well and settling into a schedule with the little man. what fun!! :)

Unknown said...

he is adorable, and he goes with me everywhere. I just can't wait to meet him in person Your Aunt Nee and Uncle Kerr

Carey said...

And he can't wait to meet you guys! Hope you can make it down soon.

southerninspiration said...

What a precious little man!!!!!!

Unknown said...

the picture of BO with the aggie pacifier is great. we laughed at that one and when he was on daddy's chest with his fingers gripping his chest hairs.....I have a 10x12 print out in my operatory at work so every one can see how proud i a... thank you for the updates they are precious aunt nee and uncle kerr

Unknown said...

i don't have that particular picture in my operatory.....it's the one where he's in his blanket just looking around and then i have one in my locker aunt nee