Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Baby Buzz

Went to the Dr. yesterday and it seems that a week of bedrest has restored my blood pressure to a not-so-scary place once again, plus my ankles are back to being, well, distinguishable! Other news from the stirrups (ick, even that word makes me cringe!) include the fact that he is currently in "nose dive" position, I'm 50% effaced, and 1 cm dilated. Wheee! He's starting to make his move! He only has to hold out for a few more days to reach the "September 1st or later" goal I set for him.

After my Dr.'s appointment I stopped by CME to say hello to all my peeps. The school looks really nice, the interior received a fresh coat of paint over the summer-- I was loving that soothing new blue hue (Seuss is loose!) It was great to see everyone again and I even got the chance to be a little useful by helping out my buddy Robyn with some tech issues. I also got to see a picture of Angie's baby girl, Addison. I can hardly believe she's already six months old, I remember holding her over Spring Break when she was just a few weeks! Anyway, she looks cuter than a bug on a button.

I started today with a yummy breakfast of fat-free raspberry yogurt and some canned mandarin oranges. There is something about those cute little squishy segments that I find so appealing, just opening the can makes my mouth water! Am I alone in this?

Okay! New nursery pics! This Saturday they came out to hang the window treatment and Papa Rut brought over the bookcase he made on Monday night. He and Momma Rut also brought dinner again-- fried fish, gumbo, etouffee, rice, and salad. Yes, we're spoiled. Here are the before & after pictures.




Didn't Papa Rut do a beautiful job on the bookcase? All we have left to do is fill it up with Baby Rut's books and sundries and hang pictures on the wall. I should have a "finished product" picture by the end of the week, in fact, because Momma G is coming over tomorrow to help me with those tasks. Yay! Oh, I know I also need a lamp by my glider. It's on the list.

Speaking of lists, I have got to get my keister to the grocery store some time today! Tonight I think I may try another recipe from this month's Southern Living magazine. I'll let you know if it's a winner.

2 comments:

Alison said...

You are such a hoot - I love it! What I want to see is a picture of the belly! I am so excited for you and Doug. I am always asking Kathleen, "Did they have the baby yet?" Enjoy your last few days of rest!

Alison

southerninspiration said...

Girl, I didn't even know you HAD a blog, much less were so very talented and witty at posting on it! Hey the baby's room looks terrific! What a great job and a cozy little place to live!
Hope you are doing well, and so glad to know now that I can watch your blog for the announcement of your little man!
Take care!