Monday, July 02, 2007

Goings on

Don't faint, I know it's only been about a week since I last posted. We have been keeping ourselves pretty busy around the House of Rut. First things first, before and after pics of the new and improved nursery!

(Nursery, before.) Unfortunately, the camera doesn't give the hideous lavendar shade proper justice. Just trust me when I say it's not a color you'd want any child exposed to on a daily basis. My biggest regret is that I didn't take BEFORE before pictures, so you could see for yourself what a big mess it was! You couldn't even walk around in there, the floor was so covered with what D called "all my crap."

Anyway, the painter started on Monday and was finished with the nursery by Wednesday, at which point she moved on to the half bath. I'll have before/after pictures for that when it's completely finished, should be some time next week or so. So, Friday night we put the crib together! I probably got on D's nerves being in there because I pointed out that he'd attached the screws to the mattress platform upside down. He insisted I was wrong for a good ten minutes until he realized that he couldn't get the piece to fit correctly. Score one for C!! I did get a bit of comeuppance, though, when I leaned against the freshly-painted door casing and got white enamel all over the back of one of my favorite shirts! Grrr! Okay, here are the after pics:
(Nursery, after) Note the soft green shade and the pretty blue ceiling with the puffy clouds. We chose the clouds so little R would have something fun to look at during all the time he'll be spending on his back! Little R has been kicking up a storm the past couple of days, by the way. D finally felt him move for the first time yesterday while we were watching A Painted Veil, which was pretty good although D thought it was too slow. He enjoyed Breach much better, but that's really more his thing than a historical chick flick would ever be. Personally, I'm just glad he finally finished catching upon the past five
seasons of 24 via Netflix. D has admitted to having a severe "man crush" on Jack Bauer. Personally, I am looking forward to receiving our first "non-24" delivery for the first time since I signed us up for the service in March. It was D's birthday present, so he likes to think of himself as "Master of the Queue."


Other than painting, I kept myself occupied during the last half of the week with the following:



  • Wednesday: Visited Jenn B (HS friend) at her house in League City. We ate Subway sandwiches and chocolate-dipped strawberries and chatted as I looked at her scrapbooks. I also got to meet her 8-week-old baby girl, Little A. Ironically, Jenn's house is just about 15 miles down the road from me, but it takes twice as long to get there because of all the lights!

  • Thursday: Lunched at a cute little tea room with Jessica B and Momma Rut. Good chatting and general solving of the world's problems. They came over afterwards to view the finished nursery.

  • Friday: Had lunch at Original Eats (gyro-mmmmm) in SL with Mommy G and then we spent a couple of hours at Babys R Us so I could help re-familiarize her with everything that has changed in the 30+ years since she had a wee one in diapers.

Tomorrow I have a Doctor's appt. (oh, joy) and then plan to see Ratatouille with my friend Karen and her kiddos.


I'll leave you with a picture of D posing with the newly-assembled crib, and bid you all a very Happy Fourth of July!


No comments: